A Day In The Life Of A Model: Part Two

I will start from where I left off..... After I checked my phone, seeing that it was 12:30 I began to get a little impatient. I tried to not think about the teasing of my hair with the excruciating heat from the dryer, when finally he said 'I'm done.' It was the best two words I had heard in a very long time. I got up from my chair and waited while another girl was getting shot. I sat around for about an hour when finally they realized that I was still in hair and makeup, and needed to get dressed. The stylist picked my outfit for me and I was told to show the photographer my final look. I did as I was told and the photographer wasn't so happy with my hair either. He said that he wanted it to be cleaner with more 'poof' to it. I was sent back to the hairstylist to get it fixed. It didn't work.

Everyone was getting frustrated with my hair so eventually the stylist stepped in to fix it. Time check: 3:00 and I still hadn't started shooting. I had been there for almost 5 hours. It only took the stylist a few minutes to do my hair, and the photographer liked it. But then bit by bit the hair began to fall out of place. Luckily, one of the photographer's friends who happened to be a hairstylist came to the rescue. She was not so happy with what the first hair stylist did and decided to fix it herself. It looked so much better. Finally, I was ready to shoot.

I shot for about 20 minutes, when the photographer stopped me and said that he wasn't really feeling the whole hair do. So they took it out. I was very annoyed but as a model you have to realize that there are some times when they will do you hair and take 2 hours to do it and then realize that it's not what they wanted. Eventually, they put my hair down, but it still had a lot of volume. I was getting very tired and bored because the other models had to shoot too.

Finally, I was finished. I said my good byes and thanked everyone. The stylist had already left because she had to meet some one for dinner and didn't think that the shoot would last as long as it did. Like I said before, you never know what to expect on a shoot or how long it will take. Once I finally got into the car, it was 9:30 pm. I had been there for over 10 hours.
Image taken by me

No comments:

Post a Comment

this is the hook, you like it.